Election 2018 is in full swing -- and now is the time to figure out how you're going to vote!
We're holding discussions with panelists who, whether they are "for, " against" or "neutral," will give us the straight talk on local/statewide propositions and races, and what it means if you vote yay or nay on each.
* * * * *
Join us this evening down in the basement of Ruhstaller’s taproom as we talk about the two state ballot initiatives specifically focused on California agriculture and environmental issues — how they could change up the Central Valley, the water we use, and (for non-vegetarians) the farm-raised animals we eat.
* Proposition 3, about authorizing $8.87 billion in general obligation bonds for water infrastructure, supplies and storage, and watershed and fisheries improvements.
* Proposition 12, about banning the sale of meat from animals confined in spaces below specific sizes.
* Gerald Meral, director of the California water program at the Natural Heritage Institute, and author of Proposition 3
* Eric Parfrey, chairman of the executive committee of Sierra Club California
Free admission, but register for a spot on our Eventbrite page so we make sure to put out enough chairs!
* * 6:15 to 7:15 - Discussion on Prop. 3 - moderated Q&A, followed by your questions at the mic
* 7:15 to 7:30 - Short break to absorb what you've learned, and refill your glass
* 7:30 to 8:30 - Discussion on Measure 12- moderated Q&A, followed by your questions at the mic